Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sticks and Stones


I am really struggling to get my head around the problems on our campuses. Today a small bunch of students (200) at UKZN's Howard college marched around the campus and forced students out of some of the lecture rooms. When I tried to film I was warned by a young girl that they would attack me. I called her one side and asked how it was that a small minority could control a large majority. She reckoned that if she could not study then no one else should either. I then chatted to the "evicted" students and they said they were scared of the weapons (sticks knobkerries etc) some of the protesters were carrying so they abandoned their lectures. Grievances are over accommodation admittance and fees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They should be beaten with their own knobkerries!

Anonymous said...

the picture shows a smile on every face I see