Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wet and Wild


So finally the new Soccer stadium built for the world cup was opened.Two local teams played each other and a total of 22 000 fans were allowed into the 50 000 plus venue. Touted as a dry run it was anything but. In typical Durban summer fashion there was a steady gentle rain falling throughout the day. No expense was spared on this state of the art stadium and nearly R3 billion later it was all systems go. As I stood on the fourth level well back from the covered roof I wondered why everything was sopping wet including the fancy new work station areas for journalists. I looked up and a gentle fine spray fell from the now covered roof. Maybe the stadium was designed for Durban's winters when there is very little rain ...who knows? If I had coughed up R3b I would want some answers.

No comments: